You can change your baby on a changing table or on any surface covered with a changing mat or towel. It's important to have all the supplies you'll need within reach before you begin, this includes:
- A clean diaper
- Baby wipes
- A plastic bag for the soiled diaper
- Baby powder
- For boys, an extra cloth in case of sprinkling
- A change of clothes for your baby.
Remember never to leave your baby alone on a changing table or surface, even for an instant.
Steps for Changing Diapers
Learn how to change diapers like an expert by watching this video demo or reading the steps below.
- Lay your baby on a flat, soft and secure surface.
- Remove the diaper by lifting the adhesive tabs, and then fold the adhesive strips back onto themselves so that they don't stick to your baby.
- Using a JOHNSON’S® skincare wipes or cotton ball dampened with water, clean the genital area by wiping from front to back.
- Place a clean diaper under your baby and pat your baby dry with a clean cloth. Puff JOHNSON’S® baby powder all over his bum to help protect his skin from irritation-causing wetness.
- Secure the clean diaper by fastening the adhesive strips from the back of the diaper to the front panel. It should be snug, but not tight.
- Finally, place your baby in a secure place so you can throw away the dirty diaper and wash your own hands.