So Much More™
At the JOHNSON’S® Brand, we believe that every baby deserves more. More opportunities for skin-to-skin touch. More bonding time. More sensory stimulation. More healthy development.
Studies have shown that routine touch and massage can lead to improved physiological, cognitive, emotional and social development. Specifically, routine massage has been shown to improve cognitive performance and increase alertness and attentiveness. Your baby’s first emotional bonds are built from physical contact, and these serve as the foundation for emotional and intellectual development later in life. We believe this to be truly special.
Your baby is able to smell before he’s even born - about 28 weeks into pregnancy! Enjoyable and familiar scents have been proven to improve mood, calmness and alertness, and the scent of a mother can help reduce crying. Additionally, scent is important from day 1 because newborns use the sense of smell to familiarize themselves more than any other sense.
Easy steps you can take to make bath time mean So Much More™!
- Playing with bubbles can help your baby develop hand-eye coordination.
- Playing music and singing songs during bath time can stimulate parts of the brain responsible for memory, while playing certain types of music can stimulate parts of the brain responsible for visual imagery.
- Talking back and forth with your baby during bath time can help with language development. Studies show infants who are spoken with more frequently have larger vocabularies by 24 months.
- Splashing in the water during bath time can help teach your baby about cause-and-effect.
- Studies have shown that babies bathed with a scented bath product (compared to those who were not) displayed 30% more engagement cues with their parent after bath time.
- Routine massage before or after bath time is a perfect opportunity for skin-to-skin touch. It’s shown to improve a baby’s sleep quality and quantity as part of a bedtime routine.
Everyday Care Rituals Are Perfect Opportunities for Learning and Discovery
Babies are learning everything about the world around them for the first time. Establish daily rituals with your baby across a variety of activities to stimulate baby’s senses and provide opportunities for him to learn, think, love and grow.
Make the Most
of Your Rituals Today
Explore all of JOHNSON’S® baby products or use our product filters to narrow your search, helping you find just what you’re looking for—fast.